Innovative technology in the delivery of leuprolide acetate
Fensolvi® (leuprolide acetate) for injectable suspension is the first and only 6-month, subcutaneous injection of leuprolide acetate for CPP. It uses a biodegradable in situ gel delivery system, which contains a unique co-polymer of DL-lactide-co-glycolide, dissolved in N-methyl-2-pyrrolidone. After injection, the polymeric gel suspension delivery system forms an in-situ solid, enabling sustained and controlled extended-release of leuprolide acetate as it safely biodegrades.
Subcutaneous injection benefits
- Lack of “the-day-after” muscle pain typically associated with IM injection
- Little muscle mass (common among children) is not a concern
- Reduced risk of hitting bone or nerve
- Flexibility of injection sites
- No surgery or product removal required
- Fensolvi® (leuprolide acetate) for injectable suspension 45 mg Prescribing Information. Dublin 2, Ireland: Tolmar International, Ltd.; 11/2022.
- Prettyman J, Engel L, Boldt-Houle D, et al. Personalizing treatment in the delivery of care by nurses to patients with prostate cancer. Urologic Nursing. 2019;39(2):83-99.
- Russo LG, Moore WV. 444 Comparison of intramuscular and subcutaneous injections of growth hormone. Pediatric Research 1981 15(4) 514
- Leung AK, Chiu AS, Siu TO. Subcutaneous versus intramuscular administration of Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine. J R Soc Health. 1989;109(2):71-73.