Is your Fensolvi correctly prepared? If not, go back to Preparing Fensolvi
Follow the step-by-step instructions below, or watch the full mixing & administration training video.
- To thoroughly mix the product, inject the liquid contents of Syringe A into the leuprolide acetate powder contained in Syringe B.
- Gently push the contents of both syringes in a horizontal position back and forth for 60 cycles to obtain a homogenous, viscous solution. A cycle is one push of the plunger for both Syringe A and B. Do not bend the syringe system. This may cause leakage as you may partially unscrew the syringes. The suspension may appear colorless to pale yellow once properly mixed. After mixing, Fensolvi must be administered within 30 minutes.
- After mixing, hold the syringes vertically with Syringe B, the wide syringe, on the bottom. The syringes should remain securely coupled.
- Transfer all of the mixed product into Syringe B by depressing the Syringe A plunger and slightly withdrawing the Syringe B plunger.
- While ensuring the Syringe A plunger is fully pushed down, hold the coupling device and unscrew it from Syringe B. Syringe A will remain attached to the coupling device. Small air bubbles will remain in the formulation. This is acceptable. Do not purge the air bubbles from Syringe B, as some product may be lost.
- Continue to hold syringe B upright with the open end at the top.
- Hold back the white plunger on Syringe B to prevent loss of the product and attach the safety needle cartridge.
- Gently screw clockwise with approximately a ¾ turn until the needle is secure. Do not over tighten as this may cause cracking of the needle hub, resulting in leakage of the product during injection.
- Move the safety shield away from the needle and pull off the protective needle cover prior to administration. Do not operate the safety needle mechanism before administration. Small air bubbles will remain in the formulation. This is acceptable. Do not purge the air bubbles from Syringe B, as some product may be lost.